The Byam School Association is our open Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), comprised of energetic parents and staff dedicated to enhancing the work of the teachers and staff at our school by providing them and our children with needed staffing, supplies, special events and support when and where it is needed. It is our goal to bring together the talents of our families and our school professionals to create an environment where all children are inspired to learn, dream, believe and achieve to their greatest potential. Support the BSA today!
Jump to Section
The Byam School Association organizes all your favorite school events like the Back to School Social, Boo Bash, Walk-A-Thon, Paint Night, and more! Here’s some of what we have in store for you this year! (Byam Calendar)
- 9/9/2022: 6:00-8:00pm: Back to School Social
- 10/22/2022: 4:00-7:00pm: Byam Boo Bash
- 11/14/2022: Riverhawks (tentative date)
- 11/17/2022: Scholastic Book Fair / Collectors Fair (tentative date)
- 12/5/2022: Virtual Bandingo (tentative date)
- 2/2/2023: Riverhawks (tentative date)
- 3/14/2023 or 3/15/2023: Virtual Paint Night (tentative date)
- 4/26/2023 or 4/27/2023: Byam Art Night (tentative date)
- 5/20/2023: Byam Walk-a-thon
Carolyn Sousa | Contact
Ellen Marcisin | Contact
Amy Brown | Contact
Byam School Association Monthly Meetings
- 9/7 – Hybrid
- 10/5 – Hybrid
- 11/9 – Virtual Only
12/14 – Virtual Only (note: this meeting typically is cancelled unless we have a pressing matter)
- 1/11 – Virtual Only
- 2/8 – Virtual Only
- 3/8 – Virtual Only
- 4/12 – Hybrid
- 5/10 – Hybrid
- 6/7 – Hybrid
Volunteers Make the Difference at Byam Elementary School
There are opportunities to help during the school day, on the weekends, and in the evening. Are you a social media maven, a creative artist, an organizer, scheduler, planner or doer? It takes ALL KINDS to make the BSA run. We offer a number of events each year and in order to put on these events WE NEED YOU! Please take a look at our upcoming events and pay close attention to the weekly school newsletter and our Facebook page to find opportunities that fit your schedule.
Please note that all classroom volunteers (library, math, etc.) must complete and submit a CORI form to the Byam School office. Please contact the school office for a CORI form.
We depend on donations to make enrichment programming and field trips a reality for our students. Each year the BSA pays for two enrichment programs per grade and transportation to field trips. The BSA is also responsible for funding the playground and classroom supplies and teacher needs during the year. In order to cover the costs (average of $65/student each year) we need to fundraise.
Here are some easy ways for you to give money to Byam Elementary…all without spending an extra cent!
Box Tops for Education
Shop at Amazon
If you are a current Amazon Smile user, Amazon smile donates 0.5% of your purchase from eligible AmazonSmile purchases. Instructions for setting up your smile.amazon.com charitable donation to benefit the Byam School Association are below:
To change your charitable organization:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Accounts & Lists, and then select the Your Amazon Smile.
- Click on the Change Charity button on the right.
- Search for Byam School Association then click Select.
From the Amazon App
Unfortunately, you can’t use Amazon smile directly through the Amazon app, but there are 2 easy workarounds.
1. Replace the Amazon app with a link to the Amazon Smile mobile page. Navigate to smile.amazon.com. On an iPhone, press the “share” button, then select “Add to HomeScreen.” On an Android device, press the menu button, then tap “Page”. Then tap “Add page shortcut.”
2. Add all of your items to your cart using the Amazon app, then checkout using either your mobile browser, or a desktop browser.
Thanks for using AmazonSmile to help out Byam Enrichment Programs!
As a non-profit, the Byam Elementary BSA is eligible for company-matching donations! Reach out to us at bsa.chelmsford at gmail.com if you need our Tax ID.
The Byam School Association accepts in-kind donations of services, products for auctions and raffles, and other gifts. Please reach out to bsa.chelmsford at gmail.com. We are grateful for your contributions!